Thinking in C++, Volume 2 looks at more advanced features, with an eye towards developing techniques and ideas that produce robust C++ programs.
- Emphasis on advanced testing techniques to produce optimized error free code.
- In depth coverage of STL with real world reusable code examples.
- Simple short exercises that simplify complex programming routines.
- Both authors are highly respected and widely known.
Author:Bruce Eckel, Chuck Allison
- Learn practical programming and best practices
- Meet the difficult challenges of C++ development
- Build reliable and robust programs
- Design Patterns chapter shows sophisticated use of objects, composition and polymorphism
- Provides a gentle introduction to multithreaded programming, a feature being considered for the next version of Standard C++
- Defensive Programming chapter includes a simple unit-testing framework and debugging techniques
- In-depth treatment of Standard C++ Library facilities including strings, iostreams, and the “STL” algorithms and containers
- Modern usage of templates, including template metaprogramming.
- Unravels the perplexities of multiple inheritance
- Shows practical uses for RTTI
- Explores exception handling in depth and clearly explains exception-safe design
- Compliant with the official ISO C++ Standard
- Presents results of current research being considered for inclusion in the next revision of Standard C++
- All code examples freely downloadable, tested on multiple platforms and compilers including the free GNU C++ compiler on Windows/Mac/Linux
The electronic version of the book will continue to be free, even after it’s published. You have permission to print a copy of the book for your own use.