- This format was specified by Douglas Crockford.
- This was designed for human-readable data interchange
- JSON filename extension is .json
- JSON Internet Media type is application/json
- The Uniform Type Identifier is public.json
Uses of JSON
- JSON format is used for serializing & transmitting structured data over network connection.
- JSON is primarily used to transmit data between server and web application.
- Web Services and API.s use JSON format to provide public data.
- JSON can be used with modern programming languages.
Characteristics of JSON
- It is easy to read and write JSON.
- JSON is lightweight text based interchange format
- JSON is language independent.
JSON – Basics
JSON – Home
JSON – Overview
JSON – Syntax
JSON – DataTypes
JSON – Objects
JSON – Schema
JSON – Comparison
JSON – Examples
JSON with PHP
JSON with Perl
JSON with Python
JSON with Ruby
JSON with Java
JSON with Ajax